Thursday, March 22, 2012

Our lady Of Peñafrancia

 

Childhood Religion

 

I have lived most of my life with individual expression and thought 
At times sacrificed free will and allowed it to be bought. 
My religion has been brought from out of the past 
While life is the present and precedence does not last.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I understand that there has to be building blocks for life 
But I question why the foundation caused so much strife?
 I was taught to confess childhood sin 
With a penance from man for a new life to begin. Photobucket Photobucket
Power and fear were the idols of my church and thusly so 
Human compassion and forgiveness seldom did we know. 
When I observed my pastor in military regalia go to the altar
 I thought how cruel and therein did I falter. Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
That moment I lost my belief in a church I did chose 
But I have faith in the eternal gift which I will never lose. 
Over the years I have sat and listened to others 
Mostly words from the past and seldom from my brothers.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

- chuck Hurley -

No comments: