Wednesday, March 24, 2010

s u b t l i ness

Subtle Shades of Grey

Some people can find purity-




in the heart of a twisted oak,



Where others see only despair.



Some people can love the thorns-

 of the fairest rose,



Where others find hate and malice.




But all I see are subtle shades of grey.




For many, their lives are drawn

 in stark lines of white and black.



So simple and clear.



Yet all I see are subtle shades of grey.





Yet so plain – no shape, no color

 dares to brighten their lives.


No twisted oak or rose blooms bright.



I find no hate, no love, no perfect kiss

 in my version of the world.



All I see is maybes, and the potential of tomorrow.



For all I see are subtle shades of grey



Life has no perfection-
but no flaws as well.
I dream of subtle shades of grey.


No comments: